Jordan Reid is the founding editor of RamshackleGlam.com and the host of the DIGS Channel show. She’s a former Manhattanite, new mom and author of, “The New Mom’s Haphazard Guide to (Almost) Having it All.” This post originally appeared on her blog, Ramshackle Glam.
We all hear about how walking is great for your health but it’s also one of the best things you can do for your skin.
Working out helps flush toxins from your skin, so why not go? If you haven’t gotten into daily walks yet, here’s how you can make your walk super healthy and fun:
– Pay attention to your posture: keep your back straight and let your arms swing lightly.
– Keep track of your steps: Using a pedometer to log your steps almost guarantees you’ll increase your workout time – studies have shown that people who use pedometers to track their progress walk up to 15 percent more each day.
– Let your skin breathe: skip the makeup (but not the SPF – remember to apply a protective moisturizer like Simple Skincare Protecting Light Moisturizer with SPF 15 before you head out.
– Take the hilly route: going up an incline burns way more calories, and makes your walk a little bit more difficult.
– Add weight: pushing a stroller makes for a serious workout, but if you don’t have a baby handy, try carrying some light hand weights to boost your burn.
My favorite thing about walking is that no matter where you live, you can do it almost every day. So get out there!
This post was originally published on Jordan’s blog, Ramshackle Glam.