After a long day, it’s so tempting to just hit the sheets. But sleeping in makeup is a surefire way to leave your skin irritated, dull and sensitive. Use kind-to-skin products, like Simple Skincare, to properly remove makeup every night.
Ending the day with a consistent cleansing regimen is the secret to waking up with a naturally healthy-looking glow also known as a “No Makeup Wakeup”. Skin rejuvenates itself during the night and that’s why it’s very important to do what we call a #NoMakeupWakeup. This means taking all of your makeup off no matter how tired you might be.
5 pro-tips to properly remove all your makeup for a #NoMakeupWakeup:
1. Remove eye makeup with a Simple Skincare Eye Makeup Remover Pad. Start from the nose and move toward the temple. If you’re wearing a lot of eye makeup, only use the pad twice per eye. Don’t rub! Use a second pad to remove the rest of your makeup.
2. To remove surface dirt, oil & makeup, use Simple Skincare Cleansing Facial Wipes first. Start at your forehead and wipe down to the sides of the face to the chin, leaving the nose and mouth last, so you don’t spread germs.
3. For a deep clean, wash with Simple Skincare Moisturizing Facial Wash using lukewarm water. Gently massage a hazelnut-sized amount of cleanser into skin with gentle, circular movements to increase circulation. Concentrate on those parts of your face where dirt & makeup gather, like the sides of nose, chin and hairline. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water. Two-three times a week, gently exfoliate using Simple Skincare Smoothing Facial Scrub.
4. To calm skin after washing, wet a cotton ball with Simple Skincare Soothing Facial Toner and apply in an upward motion.
5. Squeeze out a pea-size drop of Simple Skincare Replenishing Rich Moisturizer and massage with hands. Apply to face, neck, chest and hands with upward, outward movements. Don’t pull down on skin — this can increase sagging.
For more skincare and makeup removal tips, follow Simple with #NoMakeupWakeup on social media.