Jordan Reid is the founding editor of RamshackleGlam.com and the host of the DIGS Channel show. She’s a former Manhattanite, new mom and author of, “The New Mom’s Haphazard Guide to (Almost) Having it All.” This post originally appeared on her blog, Ramshackle Glam.
This fall, add a totally new technique to your beauty repertoire: the reverse wing eyeliner. Bold, modern and dramatic, this straight-off-the-runway look is glamorous enough for a night out with friends, but can also easily be toned down for the office.
Called the reverse cat eye, it’s exactly what it sounds like. Instead of lining the top of your lids, line the bottom with this look. It’s an easy look that’s flattering and unexpected!
Here’s how to do it:
1. Since the focus of this look is the eyes, keep your other makeup to a minimum. Apply Simple Skincare Nourishing 24-Hour Day/Night Cream to clean skin. Even out your skin tone by applying a light foundation only where needed. Finish with a light dusting of rosy blush.
2. Strong brows are a must for this look, so add definition by tweezing any strays and applying brow pencil.
3. Now, for the eyes! Start by applying a shadow in the same shade as your skin all over the lid and up towards the brow bone. For night, add drama by swapping in a pale gold shadow with some sparkle.
4. Next, use liquid eyeliner to draw a line from the inner corner of the eye along the lower lash line to the outer corner, extending it into a wing at either end. Start with a thin line – you can always add more liner to up the intensity of the look later.
5. Use an eyeliner brush and some black gel liner to trace the line you just created with the liquid eyeliner.
6. Finish with a few coats of black mascara and some pale matte lipstick.
All you have to do now is go on a fun night out to show off your new look!
This post was originally published on Jordan’s blog, Ramshackle Glam.