Jordan Reid is the founding editor of RamshackleGlam.com and the host of the DIGS Channel show. She’s a former Manhattanite, new mom and author of, “The New Mom’s Haphazard Guide to (Almost) Having it All.”
Pink eye shadow, and other pink colored makeup are usually filed under the heading of, “things that are extremely difficult to wear”. You may be worried that rimming your eyes with pink might make you look a little strange.
New seasons present an opportunity to try new looks, and pink makeup isn’t just wearable, it can be stunning when done right!
2. Apply concealer where needed. Under the eyes and at the smile lines are usually good spots.
3. Start by applying bright pink shadow to the entire upper eyelid with a soft shadow brush, extending the color up slightly onto brow bone and blending well.
4. Smudge a deeper shade of pink (or purple) into the crease. This will make your eyes look bigger.
5. Apply a small amount of silver shadow to the inner corner of the eye to brighten things up, blending well.
6. With a black eyeliner pencil, rim the entire waterline of the eye, both top and bottom.
7. Apply a thin swipe of black liquid eyeliner to the top lid, winging it out at the end to make a cat-eye.
8. With the liquid liner, create a single small wing on outer edge of the lower lash line, as well.
9. Apply (lots) of mascara.
Finish with pale pink blush and a pale pink gloss on lips to create a monochromatic, romantic effect, and you’re good to go!