Summer days are long and romantic evening dates usually start when it’s still bright and sunny outside.
How to get a gorgeous look that works equally well in the sun and in candlelight? Surprisingly, it only takes six quick steps. Make sure your skin is fresh and glowing by using products that are kind to your skin. Keep your makeup minimal and add a pop-of-color cat eye for all that loving gazing you’ll be doing across the dinner table!
1. Before a big night out start by cleansing with an exfoliating product like Simple Skincare’s Smoothing Facial Scrub – taking off those dead skin cells will do wonders to boost your skin’s natural glow.
2. After cleansing, moisturize with a light hydrating product like Simple Skincare’s Ultra-Light Gel Moisturizer – it leaves skin soft to the touch so it’s the perfect base for makeup.
3. Keep your face makeup to a bare minimum to show off any summery freckles that might have come out over the past couple of months – just a little concealer on spots should do the trick. Powder your nose if you’re feeling shiny and swipe a light dusting of bronzer over your T-zone. Finish with a little blush to look extra sun-kissed.
4. Brighten your eyelids with a soft gold shadow (think “shimmer,” not “sparkle”) – smoky shades can feel too heavy in the summer.
5. Now for the color: lightly moisten a flat, angled shadow brush and dip it in a bright turquoise eye shadow (try Urban Decay’s Electric Palette for super-saturated shades). Gently press the shadow along your lash line, winging it up slightly at the outer corner. Finish with several coats of black mascara (don’t forget to curl your lashes first to make the look extra-dramatic).
6. On your lips, try a soft neutral matte shade – nothing too bright, or the look goes from chic to clownish – and make sure that the formula is hydrating so your lips stay kissable all night long.
Written by Jordan Reid. You can read more from Jordan on her blog, Ramshackle Glam.