One of the freshest looks spotted on the runways for fall: fully lined, rocker-girl eyes.
Intentionally imperfect, this look works for both day and night (provided you bring the attitude), and is surprisingly easy to achieve using just a handful of products – most of which you likely already own. The key to this look is to leave your face nearly nude, allowing your skin’s natural texture to show through and balance the drama on your eyes.
1. Start by moisturizing your skin with Simple Skincare Nourishing 24Hr Day/Night Cream for all-day hydration. Apply concealer only where absolutely necessary, allowing as much bare skin to show as possible. Skip the blush.
2. Brighten your eye area with a shadow that matches your skin tone as closely as possible, then use a black cream eyeliner (try Shiseido Accentuating Cream Eyeliner in Black) and a brush to rim the upper and lower lids, following the eye’s natural shape – no wings – and allowing the line to smudge slightly.
3. If desired, add extra drama by lining the upper and lower waterlines of the eyes with a black kohl pencil: pull gently on the lid and run the liner along the flat area right next to your eye.
4. This is a morning-after makeup look and is all about imperfection so pile on the mascara…and don’t be afraid of clumps.
5. Finish with a nude gloss on your lips.
Written by Jordan Reid. You can read more from Jordan on her blog, Ramshackle Glam.